My Fitness Streak

Quantum leaps are not done by trying incrementally - but by taking quantum leaps. - Myself :)

I kept running 5 Kms and suddenly one day I just decided to run 10 Kms and I could do it - of course it did hurt - but  it changed me forever.

My 4 year old was on training wheels for more than 2 years and one fine day the wife removes the training wheels and after a few days he was able to ride by himself.

When you are going to dive into a cold swimming pool there is no use touching the water - just dive in.

And last week I read a story about this guy who is on a 25 year fitness streak. That did it - the very next day I started my own fitness streak.

Today is Day #6 - going good and I am telling myself - I will not break it - ever.

Day #1 - Ran 4.2 Kms
Day #2 - Ran 4.4 Kms
Day #3 - Cycled 4.2 Kms
Day #4 - Ran 5.0 Kms
Day #5 - Meditated
Day #6 - Ran 5.2 Kms

It will take some 21 days to become a habit. I hope after 21 days my fitness streak will be like brushing, shaving and I need not talk to myself anymore to get out of the bed and get out and run.

Some questions do linger - what if I fall sick ( I will atleast meditate ), what if I go on a business trip and cannot run ( I will do atleast 50 push-ups).

Boiling it down to the fundamentals - I want to give at least 30 minutes every day only for myself - can still do it without all the Fitness Streak Drama - but calling this "Fitness Streak" - makes it very interesting. ( Like how Steve Jobs sold random functionality as iShuffle )

And btw - you know the goal of the guy who is running for 25 years - he wants to beat the guy who is on a running streak for 40 years.


Comments

  1. loved it, im a fitness freak my self, brisk walks 13 km every day, i lost 30 kilos in 2 nad haf years ,
    this blog worked as a fuel to keep me going :) excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow.. 13 kms every day is amazing.. keep it going!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Shahul Hameed still lives...

How to become a Java Developer?

Avalum Naanum Lyrics