Not Much Running Notes : Week 11 - 15

I think Week 11 Sunday I ran 26kms. I felt some weird pain in my foot so stopped. Had set a target of 32kms.

Then as the day went I found my left mid foot hurt really bad. Yaay - new pain. Started research and read all about pronation. Perhaps I was not running right. Saw a youtube video too to prove myself. Read about the correction shoes and got even more confused.

Then I read a post - saying - this is how humans run - no point correcting it. So I came back to my starting point - thanks and no thanks internet. My running is fine.

Perhaps my legs gave up after too much of running on hard surfaces.

I took the tough decision and downgraded from full to half marathon.

Waited for a couple of days, and went for a run. Stopped after 1.5kms as the pain was back. I stopped running for the next 4 days or so.

Should I just quit and live to fight another marathon or give it a shot.

While the debate was raging in my mind - I noticed the pain ease a bit. Did a few runs and even though was tempted did not exceed 5kms. The mid-foot pain was not there.

Yesterday, I ran for an hour at a very gentle pace and managed a little less than 8kms - thankfully no pain.

Will do a couple of short runs this week and be ready for Sunday morning. 21kms I have done so many times the past few weeks - and if no pain surfaces can manage it.

Whoever said Running is fun. Damn you - it has added more stress to my already stressed out life. grrbrr.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shahul Hameed still lives...

How to become a Java Developer?

Who is lifting the world on their shoulders?